The Friends of the Wichitas are collecting donations to save the Ferguson House from destruction. Built in 1927, it is listed on the National Register of Historic places. In 2010 a spark from a controlled burn on Ft. Sill set the roof on fire which quickly spread. This past summer, volunteers from the Friends and Ft. Sill spent weeks clearing out the debris leaving the cobblestone walls and foundation intact.
It is urgent that we get it preserved before nature takes over!
Preliminary working drawings have been completed by Charley Wright, Southwest Design Associates. Based on estimates, framing labor, materials including custom windows and doors to match the originals, GAF fire and hail resistant shingles that look like shakes, final working drawings and a security system, the total will be $70,000.
Please donate $250 or more, and help us clean up this eyesore and save a piece of Refuge history!!